In October of last year, I snagged some fabric for our local Project Linus’s challenge. The fabric was some bright fish on a dark blue background. I had a vague idea of what I wanted to do for a long time, and then I saw a picture of a carpenter’s square block and it crystallized in my mind.
I put the “sun” in the center, followed by sky, sand, and sea with the appliqued fishies.
I used fusible fleece on the fish so they puffed out a bit.
The quilting went a bit south. I wanted it to look like weather patterns – fronts moving in and hitting each other. Sigh. More than my very basic quilting skills could handle. But in the end it looked ok – definitely gave the quilt a lot of movement.
This is Project Linus #3 finish for this year. Behind on my goal of one per month, but I will get caught up.
Linking up with Amanda for Finish It Friday.