I still want to sew all of the things. My house is filled with quilty stuff, almost all my friends who have a baby or a toddler girl has a quilt. But I want more actual snuggly quilts around the house. And to replace the wall hanging in the living room. And… well, there is a lot. Did I mention I want to sew all the things?
I have 16 WIPs / not quite started projects that I want to finish by the end of the year. All while fighting the urge to scrap it all (pun intended) and make Christmas quilts. In the last three weeks I have completed 4 WIPs – which I am *very* happy about. But have also added 3 things to my to-do list. Sigh.
So, here is the state of things, sort of in priority order…
1. Irish Chain Interrupted… top finished, backing purchased – just need to have enough $ on hand to send to Missouri Start Quilt Co for quilting. I want something more than in-the-ditch for this one because I like it so much.
2. Warm Star Charity Quilt… This was made during the time I was obsessed with 8-point stars and warm colors + grey. That obsession left as quickly as it came and this block was abandoned. Last weekend I finished the borders and quilted. I just need to zip down the binding and it will be a baby quilt ready for Project Linus. I used this gorgeouse DSQuilts backing on this quilt. Luckily, I still have lots. This is one of my favoritest fabrics ever.
4. 5. Minecraft Diamond Sword… This should be very easy to knock out and would make the daughter of a dear friend really happy. I bought the solids, have a pattern… just need to get to it. Most likely will start as a reward for finishing the Bluebird Park quilt.
6. Blue and blue and blue HST quilt… This would be for the *other* daughter of my friend. I have designed this quilt in my mind and I LOVE it. Getting to work on this will be motivation to power through some WIPs. I bought some awesome HST paper piecing sheets to use on this one. Let’s see if they make HSTs less time consuming?
7. Teal Star Charity Quilt… This is the awesome quilt top I made in class with the awesome Vanessa. Love this so much and could make more and more and more. This one I will finish for Project Linus. Just quilting and binding left.
8. Pirate Economy Block Charity Quilt… I loved this when I started it and now really don’t like it. Too weird looking. But I have purchased backing for it twice (yes, really). And I think it would make a cute quilt for a baby boy. really. So I will finish it. All the blocks are done, just need to wrap it up.
9-13. Lots and lots and lots of red/pink/aqua orphan blocks… I got so sick of making these for a sampler quilt for me – because I realized that a bunch of random blocks a cute quilt does not make. So I am going to add lots of borders and split them up into 4 Project Linus quilts. And I learned my lesson.
14. SD’s Brick Quilt… Of all of the red/pink/aqua blocks I made, I loved this one best of all. So I started on making a quilt for my stepdaughter that uses this block throughout. This will let me use a lot of lovely low-volume prints and bright pops of her favorite colors.
15. Up Parasol Windmills… Oh my do I love this fabric. A LOT. I started making some windmill blocks and want to make a quilt using the windmills and one of the cool settings from the Modern Vintage Quilts book.
16. Gypsy Wife… It is hard to call this a WIP, I only have a handful of blocks made and I will probably want to remake them now that my stash is so much stashier. I really love this quilt and want one of my very own. So my pledge to myself is to finish all of the list above, and then take my time enjoying making this quilt. Knock on wood.