Finished: 8-Point Star in Aqua, Pink, and Red

image

This is one of three aqua / red / blue baby quilts I am trying to finish for Project Linus as soon as possible. I have several orphan blocks made earlier this year when I thought this color combination was the bee’s knees.

I still do think it is the bee’s knees; however a random assemblage of blocks is not as cute as I thought it would be. So I stopped and am converting the orphan blocks into 3 project Linus quilts.

This is the first one – one of my favorite blocks – the 8-pointed star – rendered big.

image

To finish, I added some borders – a pretty red floral and a soft pink fabric that I have had for years and never seem to run out of.

image

I backed the quilt with some fabric from Joann.  I love these bright blue butterflies. Still more fabric that I have lots and lots of – although I am starting to see the end of it.

I quilted simply – lines radiating out from the points + 3″ lines.  And a gingham-y binding cut on the bias. Love the binding most of all of this quilt.

It is satisfying to see these blocks get made into something useful. And now I have 9 out of 12 Project Linus quilts finished for the year.

I am about to power through the rest. My goal is that in 2 weeks – by 10/10 – all of my charity quilts will be finished and I will dive into some seriously selfish sewing.

Linking to Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish It Friday!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s