I have had the top done on this quilt since this summer. I kept waiting for enough money to send it off for quilting. And then I realized that there were much bigger priorities for our money, and decided to power through finishing this one.
DH helped me baste. Which was very challenging because we don’t have a hard surface big enough for anything over 60×60. And so there is a minor error in the quilting because of a basting problem (a small section of blocks form an hour glass rather than a rectangle).
This was the first thing I did on my new Juki, using the walking foot. I don’t like the walking foot. It is LOUD and the only real problem with my new machine. I now know that the standard foot is enough pull for the thin batting I use.
One thing I was not dissapointed in the ease of was the binding. This is the first thing I have machine bound that I have kept for myself, and I love how good it looks being done by the JUKI. Just stellar. I used a lot of a fairly ugly denim looking quilting cotton that I had A LOT of- worked out ok – looks good as the binding for this casual quilt. And I backed it with the wide Carolyn Friedlander hatch pattern. Again, perfectly casual
I was dissapointed with this quilt when I first finished it… but now I am falling in love with it. It is soft and warm and friendly and big. The sort of quilt you reach for again and again and again for naps and cuddling.
This weekend I finally stole a few moments to get some pictures. I love this quilt for its imperfections now. And am glad I have added it to the list of finished-it-myself quilts.