I just can’t do it. I can’t work on blocks that take several hours each and then are totally the wrong size. Like an inch+ off. I love the Moda Modern Blocks, but I am not good at making them. And they make me sad. Very sad. And I am pretty sure my hobby for relaxation should not make me sad. #lifeguru
This is the first Moda Modern Block I made. I love this one. Had to add the pink border to make the quilt block the right size, and that made it more awesome. This block is giant, so maybe I can use it as a feature in a big quilt some day. The rest of the blocks I made suh-uck.
And so I am not going to do them anymore. I am going to stash the pattern and the blocks I have completed and let it go that there is a festering WIP. I will never get those hours back – and that is ok. It doesn’t mean I need to sink more hours into something I dislike doing. #forrealslifeguru
Right now my WIP list is down. Way down. Technically I am at 5 – but that sounds worse than it is. At the height of my WIP chaos last year I was at something like 14.
Here is my current tally:
- One is a baby quilt for a gift that I will finish this weekend.
- One is a true heinous WIP. A quilt I want to have but don’t want to work on featuring parallelograms in Heather Bailey’s Up Parasol line.
- One is a quilt for my SD that should be easy and fun to finish – except for the basting because it will be so big. I think that is why I delay.
- One is the Allison Glass (paper pieced) Celestial quilt that my plan all along was to work on when I needed a break from other projects.
- And the last is that Moda Modern Blocks. But I just officially crossed it off the list. It will be awhile before I get back to it, if ever.
I do want to stay ahead of WIPs this year – my goal is to have no more than 3 projects going at a time. So I will bind the baby quilt and then finish the Heather Bailey quilt top and then reevaluate. WIPs will not own me in 2015. Word.