This popped up in my blog feed last week and I fell in love. I took a bit of time this weekend to make one for me and a friend. It was the sort of project that is nothing but easy and fun! It took about an hour and a half per pillow, and I love the results.
The one in the back is the one I kept for myself. I used a fun Sweetwater algebra/math print for the background. So cute. I love the arrows – And how often does one get to use cute brown prints?
The one in the front is the one I gave to a friend. I made a little pillow form for this one because I didn’t want to get out of my jammies to drive to Joann. I think I am always going to do this going forward. A way to use up unloved fabric and so cheap/easy to make!
The backing for the one I gave away is a print of a streetmap of Paris. I love this fabric and only have a little bit left. Let the hoarding begin!!
I made mine a bit smaller than in the tutorial (14″ and 12″ rather than 16″). And I added batting before stitching on the arrows and heart so that there is a wee bit of puff in the pillows – which is hard to see in this picture.
Happy Valentine’s Day! 🙂 I think this is going to be a series of little pillow covers I make for each holiday/season… a bunny for Easter, a mod corsage for Spring/Summer, something for 4th of July, Halloween… so much fun!