Project Linus, scrappy, Ta Da Done

Charity baby quilt breather

I want to get 24 baby quilts donated to Project Linus this year – to make up for the last couple of years when I didn’t get any made or donated.  I have been having a lot of fun.  I have finished 2 more in February, bringing my total up to 6 for the year.

This first quilt had been lingering as a failed attempt to piece a back.  And so it became a front.  I am very unhappy with the goody quilting that happened when I went in two different directions.  I know better.

tIMG_4599

But I am very happy with the back of this quilt.  This Tula Pink camping fabric is so beyond adorable.  So maybe when this quilt gets to its owner the front will be the back.IMG_4598

I am much happier with my next finish.  This quilt was set on point using blue and yellow scrap blocks.  IMG_4618

I love everything about this quilt – the colors, the quilting, the binding the cheerful patchwork of it all.

IMG_4617

I need to make more improv scrap blocks.  The are a lot of work but they are oh-so-pretty.

IMG_4619IMG_4620

I got the quilts done that I needed to until April 1.  I am going to pause and make some headway on my own selfish sewing projects.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s